Kenneth Willitts Jr. - (609) 893-5034 / Email
The Pemberton Township Municipal Alliance (TAG) envisions a community that promotes wellness and is free of the misuse and abuse of alcohol, tobacco and other drugs.
You can sign up to be a part of the TAG committee here.
COMMITTEE & VOLUNTEER APPLICATION
The purpose of the Pemberton Township Muncipal Alliance is to encourage the community to practice healthy living without substance abuse and to provide education and resources on substance abuse prevention. We strive to implement programs and activities that foster positive communication, strong families and substance abuse free lives.
The Pemberton Township Alliance Group, better known as TAG, is part of a county-wide program designed to organize and coordinate community efforts to prevent and reduce drug and alcohol use in Pemberton Township. TAG was established February 21, 1991 by a resolution of the Pemberton Township Council and is funded by the Governor's Council on Alcoholism and Drug Abuse through the Burlington County Office of Human Services.
TAG sponsors several programs in the community, including a "Community Outreach" program that is designed to encourage community involvement and "Family Opportunities" that promote family unit, teamwork and social skills. In addition, TAG also provides funding for drug and alcohol training & education, prevention programs and alternate activities for Pemberton Township students.
TAG is a volunteer organization that relies on community input and support. Please contact us if you are interested in volunteering or sharing your ideas.
TAG meetings will be held virtuallydue to COVID-19. For a complete list of dates please check our calendar here
**Dates, times and locations are subject to change*
TAG Town Hall Meeting 5-18-2021
Did You Know.....
Tobacco is the #1 preventable cause of death
Tobacco kills more people than all of the following causes of death combined: car crashes, homicide, illicit drug use, and alcohol
Cigarette smoke contains more than 7,000 chemicals and compounds. Hundreds are toxic and at least 69 cause cancer. These chemicals and compounds include: Acetone (nail polish remover), Butane (lighter fluid), Cadmium (rechargeable batteries), Toluene (industrial solvent), Methanol (rocket fuel), Formaldehyde (tissue preservative), Ammonia (toilet bowl cleaner), Hydrogen Cyanide (gas chamber poison).
Each day more than 4,000 kids try smoking for the first time and an additional 1,000 other kids become regular daily smokers.
CDC, Campaign for Tobacco Free Kids, SAMHSA
- New Jersey Quitline
- The National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Just Think Twice
- Get Smart About Drugs
- Smoking & Tobacco Use Facts (CDC)
- US Drug Enforcement Administration
- Substance Abuse & Mental Health Services Administration
- NJ Coalition for Bullying Awareness & Prevention
- Partnership For A Drug Free America
- Alcoholics Anonymous
- Narcotics Anonymous
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
- A Kid's Guide to the Effects of Alcohol
- Drug Rehab Connections
- Addiction Center
- What Science says to do if your loved one has an opioid addiction
- College Student's Guide to Avoiding Drug & Alcohol Abuse
- Holistic Approach to the Addiction Recovery Process
- Safe Syringe Disposal Program
- Rehab Help
- Sunrise House
- TAG Ordinances and Bylaws
- Substance Abuse in College
- College students & smoking
- Maryville Addiction Treatment Center
- Disposing of Your Meds Safely with DisposeRX
- DisposeRX English
- DisposeRX Spanish
- How Drug & Alcohol Addiction Impact your Oral Health
- Alcohol & Rehab Assistance
- Homeopathy for Health
- Support for Addicted Students
- Addiction Group
- Opioid Addiction
- RehabSpot - It's Time to Turn your Life Around
- S.T.E.P.S. = Student Training & Education in Public Service - Kick Substance Abuse
- Alcohol Help - Inpatient Rehab
- Mental Health First Aid
- Prevention Action Alliance
- Driving Test Sample - Distracted Driving
- Delphi Behavioral Health Group - Addiction Treatment
- South Jersey Recovery
- Drug Rehab Centers of NJ (DRS)
- Addiction Aide
- Hashtag Choices
- Addiction Group
- Premier Nursing Academy - Recognizing Substance Abuse in Older Adults
- DTS - Driving Test Samples