500 Pemberton-Browns Mills Rd.
Pemberton, NJ 08068
Our mission is to help residents resolve their trash collection needs. On this web page we have answered your most frequently asked questions. If you have questions that are not answered here please call us.
Effective 1/1/2011, electronics must be recycled and not collected with solid waste. You may drop off your electronics at the Public Works Yard. Hours for the Public Works Yard may be obtained here.
Collection Schedule Info:
There will be NO COLLECTION on the following holidays:
New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
If your trash collection day falls on any of these holidays, collection will occur on your next regularly scheduled collection day.
The following bulk items may be placed for curbside collection:
Ordinance 31-2023 Bulky Trash
Bulky Trash Flyer
Bulky Trash Guidelines
- Refrigerators (doors, shelving and glass must be removed and placed in trash)
- Stoves (doors and racks removed and placed in trash)
- Furniture (within reason)
- Residents wishing to dispose of furniture with Bed Bugs, MUST cover them with Bed Bug Bags, which can be purchased at Home Depot and other places!!!
- Washing Machines/Dryers (must be empty)
- Wooden swing sets (must be dismantled and any concrete removed)
- Rugs (must be cut in 4 foot sections, rolled, tied and can not weigh more than 50 pounds)
- DO NOT use contractor bags for household trash
Paint cans may be placed out for curbside collection provided there is no paint in the can. A helpful hint, add kitty litter to paint and allow to soak for a few days. Kitty litter will absorb the paint, empty the litter into a trash bag and throw the cans in the trash as well.
Use plastic containers with lids The containers should be no smaller than 20 gallon capacity or larger than 32 gallon capacity. The weight should not exceed 50 lbs. per container. Do not place trash at the curb in paper bags, cardboard boxes, wooden baskets, or homemade receptacles. The contractor is not responsible for litter created by the use of improper containers.
The Solid Waste Department is not responsible for the removal items due to change of occupancy (rental, eviction or sale of house).