500 Pemberton-Browns Mills Rd.
Pemberton, NJ 08068
Our mission is to help residents resolve their trash collection needs. On this web page we have answered your most frequently asked questions. If you have questions that are not answered here please call us.
Effective 1/1/2011, electronics must be recycled and not collected with solid waste. You may drop off your electronics at the Public Works Yard. Hours for the Public Works Yard may be obtained here
- Monday and Thursday -- Lake Valley, Johnson Court, Oak Pines, The Preserve, Sunbury
- Tuesday and Friday -- Presidential Lakes, Country Lakes, Whispering Pines
- Wednesday and Saturday -- Mirror Lake/Little Pine/Big Pine Lake area (Browns Mills section)
New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day
If your trash collection day falls on any of these holidays, collection will occur on your next regularly scheduled collection day.
The following bulk items may be placed for curbside collection:
- Refrigerators (doors, shelving and glass must be removed and placed in trash)
- Stoves (doors and racks removed and placed in trash)
- Furniture (within reason)
- Washing Machines/Dryers (must be empty)
- Wooden swing sets (must be dismantled and any concrete removed)
- Rugs (must be cut in 4 foot sections, rolled, tied and can not weigh more than 50 pounds)
Paint cans may be placed out for curbside collection provided there is no paint in the can. A helpful hint, add kitty litter to paint and allow to soak for a few days. Kitty litter will absorb the paint, empty the litter into a trash bag and throw the cans in the trash as well.
Use plastic containers with lids The containers should be no smaller than 20 gallon capacity or larger than 32 gallon capacity. The weight should not exceed 50 lbs. per container. Do not place trash at the curb in paper bags, cardboard boxes, wooden baskets, or homemade receptacles. The contractor is not responsible for litter created by the use of improper containers. There is no limit on the number of containers for dwellings. Commercial and business operations are permitted a maximum of three (3) 32 gallon containers. Grass clippings must be in plastic bags, not contractor bags. Christmas trees will be picked up by trash collectors.
The Solid Waste Department is not responsible for the removal items due to change of occupancy (rental, eviction or sale of house).