Deputy Registrar: Sunshine Dashiell, RMC, CMR
500 Pemberton-Browns Mills Rd.
Pemberton, New Jersey 08068
Hours: 8:30a - 4:00p
All matters involving Vital Statistics will be handled during the above mentioned hours only. It is highly recommended, that you contact the office to schedule an appointment to complete your application. Prior to coming in, you can complete the first page ONLY of the application, we will complete the rest with you when you come into the office in front of your witness!
- Marriage/Civil Union Application (You may download and print the application, but it must be completed and signed in the presence of the Registrar of Vital Statistics at the Pemberton Township Municipal Building. Complete page 1 ONLY!!)
- Vital Statistics Request Form
- New Jersey State Bureau of Vital Statistics
- Directions for Officiant to Complete the Marriage License
- Certified record $10.00
- Additional certified record ordered at the same time $5.00
- Burial Permit $15.00
The Marriage or Civil Union license is issued by the licensing officer in the municipality in which either party resides and is valid in any municipality in the State of New Jersey or, if neither party is a resident of the State, in the municipality in which the proposed Marriage or Civil Union is to be performed in which case the license is valid only in that municipality.
TIME TO APPLY
The Registrar of Vital Statistics strongly recommends that you complete the application for the license approximately two weeks prior to the Marriage/Civil Union ceremony date. The office is open from 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM, Monday - Friday (excluding holidays).
ITEMS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION
- Proof of identity by presenting your Driver's License, Passport or other valid State/Federal ID with a photo
- Proof of residency, current address on Drivers License is sufficient
- Your social security number
- A witness, 18 years of age or older with a valid government issued ID
**Any documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation
REQUIRED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
- Parents' names at birth and place of birth
- If you are widowed, divorced, have had a previous civil union dissolved, domestic partnership terminated or have had a civil union annulled, please provide date and location (i.e. County & State) where the event occurred
- The name, address, and telephone number of the person performing the Marriage/Civil Union ceremony
- The name of the municipality in which the Marriage/Civil Union will take place
- The date the Marriage/Civil Union will take place
WAITING PERIOD AND FEES
There is a 72 hour waiting period from the time the application is signed until the Marriage/Civil Union License can be issued.
For further information contact the Registrar of Vital Statistics, Amy Cosnoski, at 609.894.3314