500 Pemberton-Browns Mills Rd.
Pemberton, New Jersey 08068
**Hours: 8:30a - 4:00p = All matters involving Vital Statistics will be handled during the above mentioned hours only.
- Marriage/Civil Union Application (You may download and print the application, but it must be completed and signed in the presence of the Registrar of Vital Statistics at the Pemberton Township Municipal Building.)
- Vital Statistics Request Form
- New Jersey State Bureau of Vital Statistics
- Certified record $10.00
- Additional certified record ordered at the same time $5.00
- Marriage License/Domestic Partnership/Civil Union $28.00
- Burial Permit $15.00
The Marriage or Civil Union license is issued by the licensing officer in the municipality in which either party resides and is valid in any municipality in the State of New Jersey or, if neither party is a resident of the State, in the municipality in which the proposed Marriage or Civil Union is to be performed in which case the license is valid only in that municipality.
TIME TO APPLY
The Registrar of Vital Statistics strongly recommends that you complete the application for the license approximately two weeks prior to the Marriage/Civil Union ceremony date. The office is open from 8 AM - 4 PM, Monday - Friday (excluding holidays).
ITEMS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF APPLICATION
- Proof of identity by presenting your driver's license, passport or state/federal identification
- Proof of residency
- Your social security card or social security number*
- A witness, 18 years of age or older
- The $28 application fee
Any documents in a foreign language must be accompanied by a certified English translation
REQUESTED ADDITIONAL INFORMATION (THESE DOCUMENTS ARE HELPFUL BUT NOT REQUIRED)
A copy of your birth certificate to establish your parents' names and related birth information
If you are divorced, have had a previous civil union dissolved, domestic partnership terminated or have had a civil union annulled, please bring the decree(s) or the civil annulment documents.
If your former spouse/civil union or domestic partner is deceased, please bring the death certificate
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR THE APPLICATION
The name, address, and telephone number of the person performing the wedding ceremony
The name of the municipality in which the Marriage/Civil Union will take place
WAITING PERIOD AND FEES
There is a 72 hour waiting period from the time the application is signed until the Marriage/Civil Union License can be issued.
Fee: $28.00, which is non-refundable
Marriage Civil Union ceremonies will be performed by Mayor David A. Patriarca for Township residents according to the Mayor's schedule and availability. For further information contact the Registrar of Vital Statistics, Amy Cosnoski, at 609.894.3314